Making a Quiz Boxes Quiz file is really simple, but making a great Quiz Boxes Quiz file is not so simple and requires some planning. Quiz Boxes is a game of Categories. There are six categories. Each category has five questions in it. The questions all have a dollar value, from $200 to $1000. The cheaper questions should be easier and the more expensive ones should be harder. So in total, you’ll need to write a total of thirty (30) questions…and answers. Then you’ll need one more question for the Quiz Boxes Breaker.
Some questions before you start:
- Do you want an overall theme for the whole quiz? – eg. all questions relate to European Countries
- Do you want random categories only? eg. each category is about a different topic
- Do you want to show answers and expect questions as responses? i.e. The way the real Jeopardy gameshow works
- Do you just want ordinary questions and expect ordinary answers? – Stu’s Quiz Boxes can handle either format!
Once you’ve answered these questions for yourself, it’s probably a good idea to start with a piece of paper and work on one Category at a time. You’ll need:
- A Category Title for each of six categories – don’t make them too long!
- 5 x Questions and Answers for each category
- Sort the questions from easiest to hardest (work out the order of the questions)
- A Quiz Boxes Breaker question and answer
When you’ve completed all of this, you’re ready to create a Quiz BoxesQuiz File.
Creating the Quiz Boxes Quiz File:
- Run Stu’s Quiz Boxes
- Select however many players – it doesn’t matter
- Select an existing quiz file – it doesn’t matter which one
- Move your mouse pointer to the top of the Quiz Boxes window and the menu will appear. Select the Quiz Boxes Question Editor
- The current question file will be displayed and Category 1 will be shown
- Click the Make a New Quiz button at the top and the boxes will all clear
- Type in the Title for Category 1 then type in the questions and answers for that category
- When that category is finished, click on Category 2 and repeat through to Category 6
- When all Categories are complete, click on Quiz Boxes Breaker and type in the question and answer you have made for that
- Finally, click the Save button and you will be asked for a name to save the quiz as. All Quiz Boxes quiz files normally start with “J-”, eg. J-SAFETY. They normally go into the QUIZZES folder, but you can save them elsewhere if you really want to. Put an appropriate name in, not too long and click the Save button and you’ve now made a new quiz and you can immediately play it!
How to include a SUPER Quiz Box or Two:
You can make any question in the quiz a SUPER Quiz Box, simply by adding two asterisks as the beginning of the selected question. eg. “**Who was the second President of the United States?” – It is recommended that you have no more than two SUPER Quiz Boxes in any one quiz. You can “hide” them wherever you like.
So what happens when someone selects the question that is a SUPER Quiz Box? They get the exclusive chance to risk any or all of the money they’ve accumulated on that next question. Adds some further interest to the game, but you can leave them out totally if you like. Quiz Boxes Breaker is like a SUPER Quiz Box for everybody. They each risk their own amounts on the question.
Editing your Quiz File:
You don’t have to finish creating your quiz in one sitting. You can start it, Save it, then return to it at any time in the future to continue working on it.
That’s about it. So now that you’re making a Quiz Boxes Quiz, why not share it?